Hot off the presses…the Citizens Project 2014 Citizens Project Annual Report! This is the latest on everything that Citizens Project has accomplished in the past year with 2013 financials.
Every year, there is an effort to undermine IRS regulations regarding electioneering by tax-exempt organizations, called “Pulpit Freedom Sunday.” In response, this month Citizens Project sent letters to over 350 local churches to make them aware of conflicts that could potentially arise this election season and how to protect their IRS 501(c)3 status.
We are committed to being a resource to faith communities as they endeavor to engage in dialogue with church members about policy issues related to their faith while not jeopardizing their tax-exempt status. The letter highlighted guidelines of activities that faith communities must avoid and also activities that are permitted to be in compliance
with IRS regulations. Read the letter here…
- Citizens Project welcomes Deborah Walker, Associate Director
- Back-to-school resources on student rights
- Hard Work and Affecting Change: A Springs Thing
- Upcoming 2014 General Election Voter Information
- Legal Precedent, Religious Freedom, and the Hobby Lobby Court Decision
- Becoming Whole
- Get Involved
- Madison and Jefferson v. Scalia and Thomas on Church-State Separation
- Volunteer Spotlight: Marji Mitchell