Please join the Pikes Peak Gay & Lesbian Community Center in honoring local individuals.
Each year, the Pikes Peak Gay & Lesbian Community Center and the GLBT Community itself are please to nominate, select and present individuals, groups, etc. with these special awards.
This year being our 10th anniversary, we are please to expand not only the event itself but the number of vital GLBT Community Award categories. These prestigious awards honor those who have made significant contributions to the GLBT community through professional work, volunteer outreach and so much more.
The Awards are one of the few opportunities our community has to honor local individuals who are working tirelessly towards improving the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Award categories beginning this year are as follows:
* Ally Of The Year
* Broadcaster Of The Year (TV Personality or Station)
* Business Of The Year
* Education GSA Of The Year (Gay Straight Alliance or Similar Type Group)
* Health Provider Of The Year
* Government Official Of The Year
* Organization Of The Year
* Print Publication Of The Year (Individual Reporter or Publication)
* Radio Talent or Station Of The Year
* Spiritual Organization Of The Year
* Sponsor Of The Year (Sponsor of a GLBT Event in 2010)
* Volunteer Of The Year
* Ryan P Acker, Advocate Of The Year
* Thomas G Martin, Activist Of The Year
* Pikes Peak Gay & Lesbian Community Center’s Lifetime Achievement Award
The deadline for nominations is Friday, December 31, 2010 at Midnight MST.
Voting will begin on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 and will end Tuesday January 11, 2011 at 5PM MST.
The results will not be revealed to the nominees until the night of the Awards Bal l in February 2011. Yes, that means that everyone will be surprised!!!!
What to expect during the evening.
5:00 – 6:30 VIP Cocktail Reception
6:30 – 7:30 Sit Down Dinner & Live Auction
7:30 – 8:00 Keynote Speaker
8:00 – 9:30 Award Presentations
9:30 – 12:00 Dancing