After last year’s active/inactive voter debacle, and with thousands of Colorado voters’ eligibility being challenged, you may be wondering about your voter registration status, especially if you didn’t receive a voter confirmation card this week. In this year’s general election, you’ll be asked to vote on local and state measures and elect representatives from County Commissioner to President, so you won’t want to miss your opportunity to make your voice heard at the ballot box.
What can you do?
- Check your registration status or register to vote online before the October 9 deadline at GoVoteColorado.com.
- Encourage your friends to do the same! On September 25, 2012, Citizens Project and other local organizations are teaming up with the Colorado Participation Project to register voters! Drop by our office at 322 N Tejon, Suite 225 between 10-2 on this day and we will have resources onsite to get you registered. If you’re interested in volunteering on this day, please let us know!
- Are you a fair voting hero? Be an election judge or a poll monitor! Contact Caitlin for details.
- The Pikes Peak Equality Coalition (PPEC) is hosting two Get-Out-The-Vote events to ensure every voice is heard on election day: On October 4 at 5pm at Inside/Out, we will be canvassing; and on October 11 at 5:30pm at Inside/Out, we will be writing postcards. We need YOUR help to make these events successful, so let us know if you can help today!
- Stay on top of local news and events by visiting our election page regularly!
- Attend our candidate and issue forum on October 16 at Stargazers Theater from 5:00-7:00pm to meet candidates for local office and ballot measure advocates.
- Check out our nonpartisan Freedom Watch Voter Guide, which will be published in the Colorado Springs Independent and available on our website on October 17 and features unedited responses from candidates for local office.
- If you or someone you know has problems voting, visit Just Vote Colorado for resources to help you make your voice heard!
Citizens Project thanks the sponsors who make our election education activities possible: