2012 General Election Information
Make your voice heard. Vote.
The upcoming 2012 General Election is right around the corner. The election will be held on November 6th, 2012.
As always, Citizens Project promises you’ll find all the information you need right here to get informed, get involved, and get active in the democratic process!
Voter Registration Information
A comprehensive list of voter and registration information can be found here, where you can register to vote or verify your registration information. Once your registration is verified, you may update your address, party affiliation and permanent mail-in ballot status, as well as track your ballot. More voting information can be found here.
You can register, change your address, or change or withdraw your party affiliation before October 30, 2012 at GoVoteColorado.com. After that date, you must reactivate your registration or make changes in person at one of the following locations during business hours or on election day between 7am and 7pm:
- Citizens Service Center, 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Rd.
Centennial Hall, 200 S. Cascade Ave.
Powers Office, 5650 Industrial Pl.
Union Town Center, 8830 N Union Blvd.
- Check out the El Paso County sample ballot for 2012.
- Check out the El Paso County election website for important information, including dates, council district maps, and more. Or, call them at (719) 575-VOTE.
- If you have any questions, need to report a problem, or are having difficulties with your registration, Just Vote Colorado can help. Visit their website for solutions to these and other voting-related problems.
A Criminal Record Doesn’t Necessarily Mean You Can’t Vote
Many people in Colorado believe that once you have a criminal record you can never vote. This is not true. The Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition provides more information: Can I Vote?
Muchas personas en Colorado creen que cuando tiene un antecedentes penales no puede votar nunca. Esto no es verdad. The Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition proporciona más información: ¿Puedo votar?
Key General Election dates:
- Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 – Last day to register to vote in the general election. You can register at GoVoteColorado.com.
- Monday, October 15th, 2012 – Ballots to be mailed.
- Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 – Last day to request a ballot by mail.
- Friday, November 2nd, 2012 – Last day to request a ballot in person.
- Monday, October 22nd, 2012-Saturday, October 27th, 2012 & Monday, October 29th, 2012-Friday, November 2nd, 2012 – Early voting.
- November 6th, 2012 – General Election day from 7:00am to 7:00pm. To find your poll location, click here.
The Citizens Project Voter Guide is available now! Read it here
Check out the League of Women Voters site, Vote411.org for comprehensive election information
Our partners at 9to5 have put together a voter guide. Check it out here
Join Citizens Project and the Pikes Peak Equality Coalition at one of two exciting GOTV nights:
- October 4, 5:00pm, Inside/Out Youth Services (235 S Nevada, 80903) – Walk to get out the vote! Training and snacks provided. Help us empower eligible voters to make their voices heard on election day! Let us know you can help!
- October 11, 5:30pm, Inside/Out Youth Services (235 S Nevada, 80903) – Postcard writing night! Training and snacks provided. Write personal notes on GOTV postcards to encourage high rates of participation on election day!Let us know you can help!
Citizens Project will sponsor one election education forum this year:
October 16, 2012
All Citizens Project events are free and open to the public.
Articles of Interest:
Election judges needed in El Paso County – September 18, 2012, The Gazette
Redistricting sets up 2 close races for November 6 – September 9, 2012, The Gazette
Ballot measures set for November election – September 7, 2012, The Gazette