Dear friends of Inside/Out,
Immediately following the fire that engulfed our Inside/Out home earlier this year, so many of you stepped forward to help. We were inspired and humbled to see our community standing in solidarity with our incredible youth, and I can’t begin to thank you enough for your generosity of time, talent, and treasure.
Because of you, Inside/Out Youth Services:
- Raised more than $90,000 at our recent Ally Up! Breakfast event, ensuring our fiscal health and ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances;
- Has a temporary home at the Tim Gill Center for Public Media, allowing the 512 young people we serve annually to be themselves in a safe environment;
- Continues to offer youth programs three times a week with the help of more than 27 dedicated volunteers;
- Has secured a safe space for drop-ins once a week Friday between 11am – 5pm at 322 N. Tejon Street, Suite 225 to enable us to provide services to youth in crisis; and
- Will continue to convene the Pikes Peak Safe @ School Coalition 3rd Tuesday of the month at 3480 Centennial Blvd. and present trainings to local educators on how to protect LGBTQ students in their classrooms and beyond.
But of course, Inside/Out still has many needs, and I write today to invite you to help us move forward into a brighter future for the young people we serve. Five specific needs we have are:
- We are assembling a “Street Team” to help us identify, visit and select a permanent home. If you have leads on spaces, practical knowledge of the local real estate market or just the time and interest to help us research and find the perfect space, please contact Eric@insideoutys.org
- Board games, puzzles, activities and snacks for our youth programs. Clean out that game closet or your pantry, because we need items to keep our young people fulfilled, intellectually and nutritionally. If you have items you wish to donate, or you have questions about which items we need most, contact Eric@insideoutys.org.
- We are currently recruiting visionary leaders for our board of directors. Through governance work, board members have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of Inside/Out. Interested? Know someone we should talk to? Email email@example.com for more details.
- Inside/Out will need volunteer help over the next few months with data entry, mailings, errands, and more. If you can donate a few hours on an as-needed basis to support our ongoing operations, please let Eric@insideout.org know.
- If you were unable to attend the Ally Up! event and wish to make a financial contribution to Inside/Out, we invite you to do so at: http://www.insideoutys.org/donate/
Thank you again for all you’ve made possible for our incredible and resilient Inside/Out youth. Your generosity gives me – and the young people we serve – confidence that tomorrow will be brighter than we can imagine.
Amy, Board Chair at Inside/Out