The Creating Community Breakfast is an annual Citizens Project fundraiser that highlights the work Citizens Project is doing in the Pikes Peak region to promote equity, inclusion, and justice through civic engagement and educational efforts. It is a time to learn about Citizens Project’s work while surrounded by other engaged community members who want to make a change.
The 2021 event was a hybrid event, so as to accommodate all of our attendee’s needs with both a morning and evening session. Some gathered in small groups at host homes, while others were able to watch via ZOOM. This year the featured speakers were Judith Kasen Windsor and Ms. June Waller.
- Announcing our annual Legislator Report Card, published every year to hold our representatives accountable for how they voted on bills that impact equity, inclusion, and justice in Colorado.
- Speakers from previous years include Rev. Dr. Stephany Rose Spaulding, John Spears, Idris Goodwin, Julissa Molina Soto, and more!
- Presenting the Divine Award, in honor of Citizens Project co-founder Amy Divine, to a local community group outstanding in their advocacy work.
- Music, theatre, and artist guests
- Host a table of friends and neighbors by becoming a table captain. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
- Donate to support our work